Monday, July 5, 2010

Quick Update

I was away from Antigua this weekend and have not yet written about my travels. I will update the blog tomorrow probably because today I will be celebrating my birthday!!! This is the third year in a row that I am out of the country for my birthday but the first year totally away from friends and family. So far, so good though! Amanda, my teacher, brought me a small present of candies this morning and I've been reading everyone's Facebook birthday wishes. I'm planning on having drinks tonight with some friends I've met here. I miss everyone back home but I am also very fortunate to have met some great people down here!

P.S. We went to a couple large artisan markets this weekend and I must admit that I bought myself a few birthday presents, haha.

1 comment:

  1. Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag meine Freunde! Du bist total genial, or as they call awesome over here, "Ayobaa!!"

    You're totally Ayobaa and I hope you're having a great time on your side of the pond.

    We'll have to catch up soon! Hopefully with another rendezvous in DC??!!

    Take care,
    -andy

    PS The World Cup has been more than incredible---you're coming with me to Brazil in 2014! :-)
    PPS I finally got the umlaut to work!! :-D

    ReplyDelete