Friday, July 23, 2010

San Pedro La Laguna

Quick update from a local internet cafe...

I arrived in San Pedro La Laguna around 6pm after a very very long day of traveling on minivans and chicken buses. The last of said chicken buses actually had chickens on it!!! It was an interesting journey and one that I am glad I made if for nothing else, the experience.

I slept in today and then headed via boat to Panajachel and then by pick-up truck to San Antonio to re-visit the textile and ceramic factories. Needeless to say, I spent a lot of money. The spending continued when I arrived back in Panajachel as I am finishing up buying gifts for myself and others.

I leave tomorrow morning to go to Guatemala City and meet up with more relatives of the Martinez family. Tonight, I will probably take it easy and re-pack my bag now that I have many new items to haul back to Nebraska! We shall see though because I met a group of Dutch guys and their friendly female tour guide last night along with another American girl who is in San Pedro for the weekend from Antigua. We might get some dinner and have some drinks.

This will probably be my last or second to last post before returning to the US. So, thanks to everyone who has been reading and I hope my experiences have provided a bit of entertainment to all :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment